- A18118A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Chap1, DSK2 homolog, Protein linking IAP with cytoskeleton 2, PLIC-2, hPLIC-2, Ubiquitin-like product Chap1/Dsk2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ubiqulin-2 is a ubiquitin-like protein that facilitates the degradation of ubiquitinated proteins by mediating their binding to the proteasome. Mutations in ubiquilin-2 have been linked to neurodegenerative diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontal temporal dementia. These mutations are linked to disruption and impairment in the delivery of ubiquitinated substrates to the proteasome. In addition, ubiquilin-2 can interact with components of the ERAD machinery and localizes to autophagosomes, indicating that it plays a role in these pathways.Product Details
- Human, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Ubqln2 recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human Ubiquilin-2 is a 624 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 65 kD and observed molecular mass of ~75 kD.
Tissue distribution: Widely expressed, highest expression in cerebellar vermis
Cellular distribution: Nucleus, cytoplasm, membrane, and autophagosome
- Ubiquilin-2 plays an important role in the regulation of different protein degradation pathways including the ubiquitin-proteasome system, autophagy, and the endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradation.
- Ubiquilin-2 interacts with UBQLN1, UBE3A, BTRC, 19S proteasome subunit, C9orf72, HNRNPA1, and HNRNPU.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers
- Antigen References
- Deng HX. et al. 2011. Nature. 477(7363):211-5.
- Hjerpe R. et al. 2016. Cell. 166(4):935-949.
- Wu Q. et al. 2015. Acta Neuropathol. 129(3): 417–428.
- Gene ID
- 29978 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ubiquilin-2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.