- 14C11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
γ-tubulin is a 51 kD member of the tubulin superfamily and is conserved between yeast and mammals. This cytoskeletal protein is highly expressed in centrosomes and is thought to be involved in cytoskeletal organization and mitosis. γ-tubulin is expressed at highest levels during prophase to metaphase and can be modified by phosphorylation. This protein has been shown to interact with α-tubulin, paxillin, and RAC GTPase activated protein 1.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml (1:500-1:1000). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 2.5 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The purified 14C11 antibody has been shown to be useful for Western blotting of human, mouse, and rat ?-tubulin.
- Product Citations
AB_493419 (BioLegend Cat. No. 629201)
- Tubulin superfamily, highly conserved between yeast and mammals. Predicted molecular weight approximately 51 kD
Cytoskeletal protein, high expressed in centrosomes
- Cytoskeletal organization, mitosis
- Interacts with α-tubulin, paxillin, RAC GTPase activated protein 1
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Zheng Y, et al. 1991. Cell 65:817.
- Expressed at highest levels during prophase to metaphase
- Gene ID
- 2776 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin-gamma on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.