- 10D8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α-tubulin, Tubulin, alpha-ubiquitous chain
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tubulin, one of the major constituents of microtubules, is a dimeric protein consisting of an alpha and beta chain. Tubulin is a highly conserved protein that is ubiquitously expressed. Tubulin is a GTP-binding protein that can be modified by phosphorylation and acetylation. Tubulin interacts with a variety of proteins including RAC GTPase activating protein 1, ZAP70, Polo-like kinase, c-Myc, Fyn, and microtubule associated protein 1A. The 10D8 antibody recognizes α-tubulin in all species and is useful for Western blotting, and immunofluorescence staining. The 10D8 antibody can also be used to monitor protein loading in Western blotting.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human α-tubulin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For immunofluorescent staining applications, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chou HYE, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:15201.
- Product Citations
AB_439760 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627901)
AB_439761 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627902)
- Tubulin family, tubulin is a dimeric protein consisting of an alpha and beta chain. Alpha tubulin has an approximate molecular weight of 50-55 kD.
- Tubulin is one of the major constituents of microtubules. Binds GTP, alpha chain contains a non-exchangeable GTP binding site
- RAC GTPase activating protein 1, ZAP70, Polo-like kinase, c-Myc, Fyn, Microtubule associated protein 1A
- Phosphorylation, acetylation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Cowan NJ, et al. 1983. Mol. Cell. Biol. 3:1738.
2. Miller FD, et al. 1987. J. Cell Biol. 105:3065.
3. Wilde CD, et al. 1982. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 79:96.
- Gene ID
- 84790 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin-alpha on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Tubulin-α||10D8||WB, ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Tubulin-α||10D8||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Tubulin-α||10D8||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Tubulin-α||10D8||ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.