- W18080B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- DNA Topoisomerase II α, TOP2, DNA Gyrase
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
DNA Topoisomerase-II α, or TOP2A, alters the toplogical states of DNA during various cellular processes, including transcription, meiosis, mitosis, and chromatin segregation. The enzyme functions by breaking and religating two strands of DNA, allowing each strand to pass through one another. Multiple classes of anti-cancer drugs initiate cell death by inceasing the frequency of potentially deleterious TOP2A-mediated DNA breaks.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1232-1531 of TOP2A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
W18080B failed IP testing.
When used for ICC, W18080B may produce light cytosolic staining. It is unclear if this represents background or TOP2A localized to the cytosol (Ramamoorthy M, et al. 2012. Nucleic Acids Res. 40:1621).
W18080B was ICC-tested on PFA-fixed HeLa cells permeabilized with Triton X-100 or methanol. The clone was compatible with both permeabilization methods.
- TOP2A is a 1,531 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 174 kD
- Regulate DNA topology
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, DNA Repair/Replication
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Champoux JJ. 1977. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 74:5328.
- Brown PO and Cozzarelli NR. 1979. Science. 206:1081.
- Gene ID
- 7153 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TOP2A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.