- W18015A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TP53 Induced Glycolysis Regulatory Phosphatase, TP53-Induced Glycolysis And Apoptosis Regulator, Fructose-2,6-Bisphosphatase TIGAR, C12orf5, Fructose-2,6-Bisphosphate 2-Phosphatase, Chromosome 12 Open Reading Frame 5, Transactivated By NS3TP2 Protein
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tp53-induced glycolysis and apoptosis regulator (TIGAR) is a negative regulator of glycolysis upregulated by p53 in response to cellular stresses and it protects cells against reactive oxygen species (ROS)-induced autophagy. TIGAR decreases the rate of glycolysis by reducing the level of fructose-2, 6-bisphosphate, which is an activator of phosphofructokinase-1 (PFK1), a rate-limiting enzyme in glycolysis. Additionally, TIGAR promotes the pentose phosphate pathway and provides NADPH for glutathione reductase to generate reduced glutathione (GSH). GSH lowers the intracellular level of ROS and prevents DNA damage, thereby promoting cell survival.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human TIGAR protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize mouse TIGAR.
The clone produced incorrect staining in ICC testing.
The clone could not pull down TIGAR in IP testing.
- Product Citations
AB_2832894 (BioLegend Cat. No. 935401)
AB_2832895 (BioLegend Cat. No. 935402)
- TIGAR is a 270 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 30 kD.
- Oxidative stress, cancer metabolism
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Green D, et al. 2006. Cell. 126:30.
- Bensaad K, et al. 2006. Cell. 126:107.
- Cheung E, et al. 2012. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 109:20491.
- Wanka C, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287:33436.
- Gene ID
- 57103 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIGAR on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.