- TDP2H4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TAR DNA-binding protein-43, TDP 43, TARDBP, ALS10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39854
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TDP43, also known as TARDBP, was originally identified as a protein that binds to the transactivation response (TAR) sequence found in the long terminal repeat of the HIV-1 virus genome. TDP43 contains two copies of a ~90 amino acid RNA recognition motif (RRM) found in many proteins, which bind single stranded RNA. Recent research has shown that hyperphosphorylated, ubiquitinated, and N-terminally truncated TDP43 is the pathological hallmark lesion in most familial and sporadic forms of FTLD-U and ALS (1).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a nonphosphorylated peptide corresponding to the C-terminal domain of human TDP43, which includes serine residues 409 and 410.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB, Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution of 1:500 is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 – 5.0 µg per ml. For Direct ELISA application, a concentration range of 10 ng - 1.0 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC), and Direct ELISA.
Expected Staining Pattern: Nuclear
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Neumann M. 2009. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 10.3390/ijms10010232.
AB_2564740 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808301)
- TDP43 is a 414 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of 45 kD.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 23435 View all products for this Gene ID 230908 View all products for this Gene ID 298648 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TDP43 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-TDP43||TDP2H4||IHC-P,WB,Direct ELISA|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.