- 8D2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Facilitates Chromatin Transcription (FACT140), Spt 16 protein, Cdc68
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Spt16 is a 120-140 kD nuclear protein and a component of the FACT complex (facilitates chromatin transcription). The FACT140 complex is composed of the Spt16 and the SSRP1 proteins. This complex interacts with nucleosomes and histone H2A/H2B dimers to promote nucleosome disassembly and allow transcription elongation. The 8D2 monoclonal antibody recognizes human Spt16 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant (full length)
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ChIP - Verified
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml is recommended. For ChIP applications, the suggested dilution is 1:50 - 1:100 by volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
25 µg, 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified Antibody can be used for 2-4, 11-16 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilution. ICC positive in HeLa Cells.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_315688 (BioLegend Cat. No. 607001)
AB_315689 (BioLegend Cat. No. 607002)
- 120-140 kD
- Interacts with nucleosomes and histone H2A/H2B dimers to promote nucleosome disassembly and allow transcription elongation
- Component of FACT ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex, SSRP1 protein in FACT complex, H2A/H2B dimers
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. LeRoy G, et al. 1998. Science 282:1836.
2. Orphanides G, et al. 1998. Cell 92:105.
3. Orphanides G, et al. 1999. Nature 400:284.
- Gene ID
- 11198 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Spt16 FACT140 complex on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Spt16 (FACT140 complex)||8D2||WB, ICC, IP, ChIP|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-Spt16 (FACT140 complex)||8D2||ChIP, WB, ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.