- N385/21 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SPTB, SPTB1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Spectrin β1 (SPTB1) is one of the several beta-spectrins that constitute the major components of the cytoskeletal network in erythrocyte plasma membrane. It binds another structural protein, band 4.1, to form a complex that anchors to the cytoplasmic face of the plasma membrane via Ankyrin, which in turn binds to protein band 3. Mutations in spectrin have been linked to hereditary defects in the erythrocyte, such as hereditary elliptocytosis. Recent studies show that caspase- and calpain-mediated cleavage of spectrin leads to the production of a series of fragments collectively called spectrin breakdown products (SBDPs). Multiple studies have shown that SBDPs may serve as a biomarker for traumatic brain injury (TBI)4.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2783465 (BioLegend Cat. No. 856901)
AB_2783466 (BioLegend Cat. No. 856902)
- SPTB1 is a 2137 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 246 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, bone marrow, epididymis, and heart muscle.
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, cytoskeleton, cytosol, and golgi apparatus.
- SPTB1 is a major constituent of the cytoskeletal network of the erythrocyte plasma membrane.
- EPB41 , actin, ankyrin
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Presynaptic proteins, Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- Zhang R, et al. 2013. Sci China Life Sci. 56(12):1076
- Machnicka B, et al. 2014. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1838(2):620
- Baines AK. 2009. Biochem Soc Trans. 37(Pt4):796
- Kovesdi E. 2010. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 152(1):1
- Gene ID
- 6710 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Spectrin beta1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.