- P85H1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- SMN1, SMN, SMN2, SMNT, GEMIN1, Survival of Motor Neuron 1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SMN1/Gem-associated protein 1 (Gemin 1) is a component of the survival of motor neurons (SMN) macromolecule protein complex, which plays an important role in the assembly and re-structuring of small nucleoproteins and transcriptosomes. The SMN complex localizes to the cytosol and nucleus of eukaryotic cells. SMN1 gene is nearly identical to the SMN2 gene, and both SMN1 and SMN2 encode the SMN protein. Mutations of SMN1 lead to spinal muscular atrophy.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant fragment of human SMN1 (amino acids 148-294) expressed in E. Coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- SMN1 is a 294 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of ~ 32 kD and an observed molecular mass at ~ 35 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, pancreas, gallbladder, bladder, testis, lymph node, and bone marrow
Cellular Distribution: Nucleus and cytosol
- SMN1 is a component of the SMN complex essential for the formation of snRNP complexes in Eukaryotic cells.
- SMN1 forms homodimer or found in complex with other SMN/GEMIN proteins.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Maretina MA, et al. 2018. Curr. Genomics. 19(5):339-55.
- Singh RN, Singh NN. 2018. Adv. Neurobiol. 20:31-61.
- Groen EJN, et al. 2018. Nat. Rev. Neurol. 14:214-24.
- Gene ID
- 6606 View all products for this Gene ID 6607 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SMN on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.