- A17019A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1, JV4-1, Mad-related protein 1
- Mouse IgG1, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SMAD1 and SMAD9 (SMAD8) are members of SMAD family, whose members play a critical role in signal transduction from the TGF-β receptor kinases. Activation of these receptors results in phosphorylation of SMAD1 and SMAD9 at a C-terminal SSXS motif (Ser463/Ser465 in SMAD1; Ser465/Ser467 in SMAD9), leading to dimerization with the coactivator SMAD4. The SMAD1-4 complex is translocated to the nucleus where it induces expression of target genes involved in differentiation, self-renewal, proliferation, and apoptosis.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Because the sequence of the synthetic phosphopeptide immunogen is completely conserved between SMAD1 and the corresponding residues in SMAD9 (Ser465/Ser467), this clone is predicted to recognize both phosphorylated proteins.
This clone is predicted to recognize rat SMAD1 Phospho (Ser463/Ser465) and SMAD9 Phospho (Ser465/Ser467) due to complete sequence homology between the immunizing peptide and each rat homolog.
AB_2801107 (BioLegend Cat. No. 610401)
AB_2801108 (BioLegend Cat. No. 610402)
- SMAD1 is a 465 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 52 kD. SMAD9 is 467 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 52 kD.
Ubiquitous expression/cytosolic and nuclear distribution
- Transcriptional activation/TGF- β signaling
- SMAD4, SMURF1, USP15, CBP, p300
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Hoodless PA, et al. 1996. Cell. 85: 489-500.
- Whitman M. 1998. Genes Dev. 12: 2445-62.
- Alarcon C, et al. 2009. Cell. 139: 757-69.
- Gene ID
- 4086 View all products for this Gene ID 4093 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SMAD1 Phospho Ser463/Ser465 SMAD9 Phospho Ser465/Ser467 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.