- A18095C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GAT-1, GABA Transporter
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SLC6A1 is the gene that encodes GABA transporter 1 (GAT1) and functions as the major presynaptic protein in neurons involved in the removal of excessive GABA from the synaptic cleft and the extrasynaptic space. Diseases associated with GAT1 include neurodevelopmental disorders such as schizophrenia and seizure.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH-conjugated C-terminal peptide of mouse SLC6A1.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Avoid boiling lysates before loading to SDS for WB.
- GAT1 is a 599 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~ 67 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane
- GAT1 is a GABA transporter protein that removes excessive GABA from the synaptic cleft and the extrasynaptic space.
- MPP5, STX1A
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, GABAergic Neurons, Mature Neurons, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Neurotransmitter Receptor Trafficking/Endocytosis, Presynaptic proteins, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Zafar S, et al. 2018. Front Chem. 6:397.
- Lie MEK, et al. 2017. Adv. Neurobiol. 16:137-167.
- Zhou Y, Danbolt NC. 2013. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 4:165.
- Gene ID
- 6529 View all products for this Gene ID 232333 View all products for this Gene ID 79212 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SLC6A1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.