- W17240D (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase, Non-Receptor Type 6, PTPN6, Hematopoietic Cell Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase, Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase SHP-1, Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase 1C
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SHP-1, also referred to as PTPN6 is an inhibitory protein phosphatase widely expressed in hematopoietic cell lineages that regulates cell cycle, proliferation, and inflammatory pathways. SHP-1 dephosphorylates activating signaling molecules in receptor tyrosine kinase pathways; in T cells it functions as a negative regulator of T cell activation and proliferation. SHP-1 is constitutively bound to the ITIM-containing adaptor molecules such as the inhibitory receptor LAIR-1; activation of SHP-1 results in either direct dephosphorylation of the T cell receptor or downstream effector molecules such as Zap70 and Lck. Reduced expression of SHP1 is found in leukemias, lymphomas, and colorectal cancers due to promoter hypermethylation of the PTPN6 gene.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant protein corresponding to amino acid residues 1-213 of human SHP-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
W17240D was tested for ICC using PFA-fixed Jurkat cells permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol. While both permeabilization methods facilitated SHP-1 staining, methanol resulted in considerably stronger staining.
- SHP-1 is a 595 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 68 kD.
Cytoplasm and nucleus/hematopoietic cells
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Paulson RF, et al. 1996. Nat Genet. 13:309.
- Khoury JD, et al. 2004. Blood. 104:1580.
- Paster W, et al. 2015. EMBO J. 34:393.
- Gene ID
- 5777 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SHP-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.