- W17126B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- SUMO Specific Peptidase 2, SUMO1/Sentrin/SMT3 Specific Peptidase 2, SUMO1/Sentrin/SMT3 Specific Protease 2, Sentrin/SUMO-Specific Protease SENP2, Sentrin (SUMO1) Specific Peptidase 2, SMT3-Specific Isopeptidase 2, Sentrin-Specific Protease 2
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
In eukaryotes, sumoylation (SUMO) is a post-translational modification that contributes to the degradation of proteins harboring the modification. Sentrin-specific protease 2 (SENP2) is an enzyme that is critical for maintaining SUMO homeostasis. There are six described SENP isoforms; each share a highly- conserved catalytic domain in the C-terminus region. SENP2 is localized to the nucleus and catalyzes the deconjugation of SUMO1/2/3 moieties from target proteins. SENP2 has been shown to regulate the level of p53 by desumoylating Mdm2.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic human SENP2 peptide corresponding to amino acids 562-578
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
We do not recommended this clone for IP or ICC applications.
- SENP2 is a 589 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 67.9 kD.
Nucleus and nuclear pore complex/ubiquitously expressed
- Protein turnover
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Modifiers
- Antigen References
- Hang J and Dasso M. 2002. J.Biol. Chem. 277:19961
- Chiu SY, et al. 2008. PLoS Biol. 6:e310
- Nayak A and Müller S. 2014. Genome Biol.15:422
- Gene ID
- 59343 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SENP2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.