- W18034A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- SEC13-like protein 1, SEC13-related protein; nuclear pore and COPII coat complex component
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
SEC13 functions as a component of the nuclear pore complex (NPC) involved in nucleo-cytoplasmic trafficking. At the ER, SEC13 is involved in the biogenesis of COPII-coated vesicles, which are required for protein export from the ER to either the Golgi complex or the ER-Golgi intermediate compartment (ERGIC). It also functions as a component of the GATOR2 complex, which acts as an amino acid-sensing branch of the TOR1 signaling pathway.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial-length human SEC13 recombinant protein at 123-322 a.a.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone failed IP testing when the target was pulled down and probed via WB.
In addition, a nonspecific band was detected in the initial Western Blot screen; however, that band was titrated out at ~0.1 μg/mL. Nevertheless, the presence of the band indicates that the clone is not suitable for ICC testing.
AB_2814534 (BioLegend Cat. No. 671501)
AB_2814535 (BioLegend Cat. No. 671502)
- SEC13 is a 322 amino-acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.
Localized to the nucleoplasm and vesicles; ubiquitously expressed.
- mTOR signaling; vesicle biogenesis
- Biology Area
- Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Antigen References
- Swaroop A, et al. 1994. Hum. Mol. Genet. 3(8):1281-6.
- Wolfson RL, et al. 2017. Nature 543(7645): 438-442.
- Cho HJ, et al. 2014. EMBO J 33(20):2314-31.
- Chantranupong L, et al. 2014. Cell Rep. 9(1):1-8.
- Bar-Peled L, et al. 2013. Science. 340(6136):1100-6.
- Gene ID
- 6396 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SEC13 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.