- BL28542 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- S100A6, Calcyclin, MLN4
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|Coming Soon||25 µg||£60|
S100 calcium-binding protein A6 (S100A6) is a member of the S100 protein family, ubiquitously expressed in all cell types. S100A6 contains 2 EF-hand motives that bind to Calcium and enable the protein to function as a cellular Ca2+ sensor and regulator. By modulating Ca2+ signaling, S100A6 plays an important role in many physiological processes, including cell migration, process extension and cytoskeleton reorganization. S100A6 may also be involved in Ca2+-dependent insulin release and prolactin secretion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.01 M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2783437 (BioLegend Cat. No. 854201)
- S100A6 is a 90 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~ 10 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed.
Cellular distribution: Plasma membrane, cytosol, extracellular, and nucleus.
- S100A6 plays an important role in modulating cellular Ca2+ signaling.
- S100A6 forms homodimer and interacts with CACYBP, ANXA2, ANXA11, SUGT1, TP53, FKBP4, and PPP5C.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
- Donato R, et al. 2017. Cell Mol Life Sci. 74(15):2749
- Lesniak W, et al. 2017. Biol Chem. 398(10): 1087
- Filipek A. 2006. Chemotherapy. 52(1):32
- Gene ID
- 6277 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about S100A6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.