- A18067A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Regulator of Calcineurin 1, DSCR1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
RCAN1 is a protein that inhibits the calcineurin/NFAT signaling pathway via it’s interaction with calcineruin A. RCAN1 has three different transcript variants, among which RCAN1.4 has been shown to regulate gene expression, cell migration and tubular morphogenesis in endothelial cells. Dysfunction of RCAN1 has been reported to impact the development of central nervous system, and is clinically linked to Down syndrome. It has also been reported that chronic overexpression of RCAN1 leads to formation of neurofibrillary tangles (NFT), and thus may play a role in neurodegenerative diseases such as AD.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human RCAN1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- RCAN1 is a 252 amino acid protein with predicted molecular mass of ~ 28 kD, and observed molecular masses of ~ 35 kD (RCAN1L) and ~24 kD (RCAN1S) by WB.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Nucleus and Cytosol
- RCAN1 inhibits the calcineurin/NFAT signaling pathway
- RAF1, PPP3CA, PPP3R1, Calcineurin A
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Antigen References
- Porta S, et al. 2007. Hum Mol Genet. 16(9):1039
- Torac E, et al. 2014. J Med Life. 7(4):481
- Wu Y, et al. 2014, Mol Neurobiol. 50(3):1085
- Harris CD, et al. 2005. Cell Mol Life Sci. 62(21):2477
- Gene ID
- 1827 View all products for this Gene ID 54720 View all products for this Gene ID 266766 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RCAN1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.