- PMab-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- E11 antigen epitope, RTI140, T1-alpha
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Podoplanin (PDPN) is a platelet aggregation-inducing factor, which is known as an endogenous ligand of C-type lectin-like receptor-2 (CLEC-2). PDPN is also expressed in several normal tissues, such as lung type I alveolar cells and kidney podocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-F - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Oki H, et al. 2015. Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 34(6):396-403. (IHC)
AB_2783145 (BioLegend Cat. No. 250902)
Expressed on epithelial and mesothelial cells.
- Mediates effects on cell migration and adhesion through its different partners. During development plays a role in blood and lymphatic vessels separation by binding CLEC1B, triggering CLEC1B activation in platelets and leading to platelet activation and/or aggregation. Interaction with CD9, on the contrary, attenuates platelet aggregation and pulmonary metastasis induced by PDPN. Mediates effects on cell migration and adhesion through its different partners. Through MSN or EZR interaction promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) leading to ERZ phosphorylation and triggering RHOA activation leading to cell migration increase and invasiveness. Interaction with CD44 promotes directional cell migration in epithelial and tumor cells (By similarity). In lymph nodes (LNs), controls fibroblastic reticular cells (FRCs) adhesion to the extracellular matrix (ECM) and contraction of the actomyosin by maintaining ERM proteins (EZR; MSN and RDX) and MYL9 activation through association with unknown transmembrane proteins. Engagement of CLEC1B by PDPN promotes FRCs relaxation by blocking lateral membrane interactions leading to reduction of ERM proteins (EZR; MSN and RDX) and MYL9 activation (By similarity). Through binding with LGALS8 may participate to connection of the lymphatic endothelium to the surrounding extracellular matrix. In keratinocytes, induces changes in cell morphology showing an elongated shape, numerous membrane protrusions, major reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton, increased motility and decreased cell adhesion. Controls invadopodia stability and maturation leading to efficient degradation of the extracellular matrix (ECM) in tumor cells through modulation of RHOC activity in order to activate ROCK1/ROCK2 and LIMK1/LIMK2 and inactivation of CFL1 (By similarity). Required for normal lung cell proliferation and alveolus formation at birth (By similarity). Does not function as a water channel or as a regulator of aquaporin-type water channels (By similarity). Does not have any effect on folic acid or amino acid transport (By similarity).
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Cancer Biomarkers
- Gene ID
- 117547 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Podoplanin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.