- OX-47 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- OX-47, CE-9
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD147 is a 54 kD type I integral transmembrane protein, also called extracellular metalloproteinase inducer (EMMMPRIN) or M6 in humans, Basigin or gp42 in mouse, and OX-47 or CE-9 in rat. It is a heavily glycosylated Ig superfamily member and is expressed widely in hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic tissues. CD147 is an adhesion molecule and, through interaction with integrins, plays an important role in fetal, neuronal, blood cells and extracellular matrix development.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- T blasts from a mixed lymphocyte reaction
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1 and Western blotting2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Glenn M, et al. 1995. Circulation 92:1919. (IHC)
- Betsuyaku T, et al. 2003. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 28:600. (WB)
AB_1186183 (BioLegend Cat. No. 204601)
- Single chain type I transmembrane 58 kd heavily glycosylated protein. N terminal extracellular part consists of two C2 type Ig-like domains which are highly glycosylated. Recently reported: isoform with an additional membrane-distal Ig-like domain.
CD147 is expressed at varying levels in many cells types, including haematopoietic, epithelial, and endothelial cells. Expressed on immature thymocytes and at varying levels on spleen cells , bone marrow cells and macrophages.
- CD147 is implicated in multiple functions, such as matrix metalloproteinase induction, cell adhesion, retinal cell development, HIV attachment, embryonic development and T cell activation.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Glenn M, et al. 1995. Circulation 92:1919.
2. Betsuyaku T, et al. 2003. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 28:600.
- Gene ID
- 25246 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD147 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.