- W17158C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rad50 Double Strand Break Repair Protein, DNA Repair Protein Rad50, NBSLD
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Rad50, along with MRE11 and NBS1, is a component of the MRN complex, which directly senses damaged DNA and displays multiple enzymatic functions required for non-homologous end joining. The MRN complex plays a critical role in the repair of double strand DNA breaks, meiotic recombination, and telomere maintenance in eukaryotes. Mutations in the individual components of the MRN complex give rise to genomic instability and are linked to multiple cancers and other pathological conditions. The Rad50 subunit binds DNA ends and retains them in close proximity to facilitate recombination events, and may directly stimulate nuclease activity of the MRE11 subunit.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant protein corresponding to amino acid residues 1-219 of human Rad50.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
W17158C does not recognize mouse Rad50.
W17158C was tested for ICC using PFA-fixed HeLa cells permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol; both methods facilitated adequate staining.
- Rad50 is a 1,312 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 154 kD.
Nuclear distribution/ubiquitously expressed
- DNA Repair, meiotic recombination, DNA damage signaling
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Foury F, Goffeau A. 1979. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.USA. 76:6529-33.
- Liu L, et al. 2007. Nat. Cell. Biol. 9:1436-41.
- Lee JH, Paull TT. 2007. Oncogene. 26:7741-8.
- Gene ID
- 10111 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Rad50 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.