- CPTC-RAC1-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1, p21-RAC1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Rac1, Rac2 and Rac3 are three isoforms of Rac protein that exist in mammals. Rac proteins belong to the Rho-GTPase family, which regulate many cellular processes. Rac1 has been reported to play important role in actin reorganization, microtubule stability, cell cycle, motility, epithelial differentiation, and glucose uptake. Rac1 has also been reported to activate several protein kinases such as PAK-1, PI(4)P5-K, and thus is involved in cellular signaling cascades. Mutations in Rac1 have been recently linked to several cancers including melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer, making this protein a potential therapeutic target.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full-length Rac1 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Rac1 is a 192 amino acid protein with predicted molecular mass of ~ 21 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Extracellular, plasma membrane, cytosol, endoplasmic reticulum, and Golgi apparatus
- Rac1 is activated by GTP binding and deactivated by GTP hydrolysis.
- Rac1 binds to PIP5K1A, RAB7a, SRGAP2, CYFIP1/SRA-1, PLXNB3, and PKN2.
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Cell Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- GTPases, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Payapilly A, Malliri A. 2018. Curr. Opin. Cell. Biol. 2018.04.009.
- Melzer C, et al. 2017. Cell. Commun. Signal. s12964-017-0175-0.
- Zou T, et al. 2017. Clin. Genet. cge.12908.
- Gene ID
- 19353 View all products for this Gene ID 363875 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Rac1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.