- O95G1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein Kinase D2, Serine/Threonine-Protein Kinase D2, NPKC-D2, PKD2
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Protein Kinase D2 (PRKD2) is one of 3 members of the Protein Kinase D family of calcium-calmodulin dependent serine/threonine kinases. PRKD2 is a downstream regulator of protein kinase C family members and can be directly activated by diacylglycerol. PRKD2 regulates transport vesicle fission from the trans-golgi network. PRKD2 deficiency promotes β-cell insulin secretion and concomitant hyperinsulinemia and metabolic disorders, and loss of PRKD2 results in impaired dense granule secretion in platelets. Moreover, PRKD2 has been shown to fuel uncontrolled growth and invasion in many types of cancer.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length recombinant human PRKD2 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize mouse PRKD2.
While this clone is able to immunoprecipitate PRKD2 from whole cell extracts, the resulting fraction was not significantly enriched in PRKD2. Therefore, this clone may not be suitable for detecting transient or low-abundance protein complexes by co-IP.
- PRKD2 is an 878 aminoacid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 97 kD.
Cytosolic, nuclear, and trans-golgi network (TGN)/Ubiquitously expressed
- Cell signaling, TGN-mediated trafficking
- Biology Area
- Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Xiao Y, et al. 2018. Nat. Commun. 9: 2015.
- Konopatskaya O, et al. 2011. Blood. 118:416.
- Yeaman C, et al. 2004. Nat. Cell Biol. 6: 106.
- Sturany S, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276: 3310.
- Gene ID
- 25865 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PRKD2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.