- CPTC-PRDX4-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Peroxiredoxin-4, Antioxidant enzyme AOE372, AOE37-2, Peroxiredoxin IV, Prx-IV, Thioredoxin peroxidase AO372, Thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase A0372, PRX-4, Thioredoxin Peroxidase (Antioxidant Enzyme)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Peroxiredoxins (PRDXs) are a ubiquitously expressed small molecule family of proteins (22-27 kD) regulating peroxide reduction of H2O2 and cellular homeostasis. The protective role of PRDXs is well established in cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders and cancers. PRDX4 is an ER enzyme that acts as a H2O2 sensor. In the brain, PRDX4 regulates neurogenesis via controlling the surface expression of glycerophosphodiester phosphodiesterase 2. In human glioblastomas, the expression of PRDX4 is markedly increased. In vitro, suppression of PRDX4 in glioblastoma cells induces apoptosis and reduces tumor growth.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human PRDX4 is a 271 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 31 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular distribution: Endoplasmic reticulum
- PRDX4 is involved in cell protection against oxidative stress by detoxifying peroxides and acting as sensor of hydrogen peroxide-mediated signaling events.
- Interacts with PRDX1
- Cell Targets
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Yan Y, et al. 2015. Nat. Commun. 6:7006.
- Kim T.H. et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7(8):e42818.
- Gene ID
- 10549 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PRDX4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.