- O95G5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein Phosphatase 5 Catalytic Subunit, Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 5, Protein Phosphatase T, PP5
- Mouse, IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Protein phosphatase 5 catalytic subunit (PPP5) is a member of the phosphoprotein phosphatase family of enzymes and shows specificity towards phosphorylated serine and threonine residues. PPP5 displays broad substrate recognition and regulates diverse signal transduction cascades, including hormone and stress response pathways. PPP5 contains an autoinhibitory tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domain; PPP5 activity is augmented by Hsp90A, which releases TPR inhibition of the enzyme and also promotes the interaction of the PPP5 catalytic domain with client proteins.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length recombinant human PP5 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone weakly reacts with two unidentified proteins of ~45 and 50 kD. This protein was also detected in O95G5 immunoprecipitates from HeLa extracts. We therefore do not recommend using this clone for co-immunoprecipitations.
- PPP5 is a 499 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 57 kD.
Nucleus, cytosol, plasma membrane/ubiquitously expressed
- Phosphatase enzyme
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, DNA Repair/Replication
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Wechsler T, et al. 2004. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 101:1247.
- Swingle MR, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:33992.
- Oberoji J, et al. 2016. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 113:9009.
- Gene ID
- 5536 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PPP5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.