- W18205A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein Kinase C iota, Atypical Protein Kinase C-lambda/iota, Protein Kinase C iota Type, PRKC-lambda/iota, aPKC-lambda/iota, atypical protein kinase C, aPKC, aPKCλ/ι
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Members of the protein kinase c family (PKC) are serine/threonine protein kinases with a broad set of substrates that can regulate diverse cellular processes. PKCι, also referred to as PKCι/λ, is a member of the atypical subfamily of PKC, which is characterized by complete independence of calcium and diacylglycerol as second messengers. It has been shown to play a role in cancer survival through multiple mechanisms: a. phosphorylation of the DNA-binding domain of FoxO1 resulting in transcriptional reprogramming of c-myc, which leads to increased proliferation of angiosarcoma cells, b. regulating membrane trafficking of type 1-matrix metalloprotease from late endosomal compartments to the plasma membrane, and c. mediating pro-survival by phosphorylating and inhibiting the pro-apoptotic factor BAD in glioblastomas. PKCι is also required for resistance to anti-apoptotic drugs in BCR-Abl-dependent leukemia and may represent a viable target for combinatorial therapies.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human PKCι protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using HeLa cells fixed with 4% PFA and permeabilized with methanol or Triton X-100; it failed due to weak staining.
- PKCι is a 596 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 68 kD.
Cytosol and Nucleus/Ubiquitously expressed
- Protein Kinase/Cell Signaling
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Nayak RC, et al. 2019. Nat. Commun. 10:46.
- Riddell M, et al. 2018. Nat. Commun. 9:5357.
- Rosse C, et al. 2014. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 111:E1872.
- Desai S, et al. 2011. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1813:1190.
- Ishiguro H, et al. 2009. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106:16369.
- Gene ID
- 5584 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PKCiota on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.