- 4B12-E11-D9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 18, Protein Phosphatase 1 F-Actin Cytoskeleton Targeting Subunit, KIAA1949
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Phostensin is a protein that targets protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) to F-actin cytoskeleton. The phostensin/PP1 complex is involved in actin cytoskeleton remodeling. Diseases associated with phostensin include deafness and autosomal recessive 79.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant human phostensin protein fragments expressed in E.coli
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Phostensin is a 613 amino acid protein with an observed molecular mass of ~100 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, spleen, lymph node, and leukocytes
Cellular Distribution: Cytoskeleton, nucleus, and cytosol
- Phostensin is involved in the regulation of protein phosphase-1 activity by targeting it to the F-actin cytoskeleton.
- Protein Phosphatase-1, F-actin
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins, Enzymes and Regulators, Phospho-Proteins, Protein Modifiers
- Antigen References
- Matsubara T, et al. 2018. Mol Cell Biol. 38(4). pii: e00425.
- Lin YS, et al. 2011. J Histochem Cytochem. 59(8):741.
- Gene ID
- 170954 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Phostensin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.