- W17215A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- 3-Phosphoinositide-Dependent Protein Kinase 1, PDK1
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
3-Phosphoinositide-Dependent Protein Kinase 1 (PDPK1) is serine/threonine kinase that plays a central role in diverse cellular pathways. It functions by phosphorylating and activating members of the AGC family of serine kinases, including Akt1, Protein Kinases A and C, and p70 ribosomal protein S6 kinase. Loss or reduction of PDPK1 in the thymus results in defective T-cell differentiation and proliferative expansion.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human PDPK1 protein corresponding to amino acid residues 411-556
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is predicted to recognize rat PDPK1 due to high sequence conservation between the immunizing protein and the rat homolog.
This clone is predicted to recognize PDPK1 isoforms 1-4 due to the presence of the immunizing sequence in each isoform.
This clone failed ICC and IP testing.
- PDPK1 is a 556 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 63 kDa. Four PDPK1 isoforms exist ranging in size from 48-63 kD.
Peripheral plasma membrane protein/ubiquitously expressed
- Regulator of insulin, PKC, Akt1, and SMAD signal tranduction
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Le Good JA, et al. 1998. Science. 281:2042.
- Dong LQ, et al. 2000. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 97:5089.
- Hinton HJ, et al. 2004. Nat. Immunol. 5:539.
- Gene ID
- 5170 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PDPK1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.