- A17137B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- p21-activated kinase 1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
PAK1 is a ubiquitously expressed protein that belongs to the group I PAK family of serine/threonine kinases, which are important mediators that link the Rho family GTPase signaling to cytoskeleton remodeling. PAK1 activation has been shown to play a role in tumorgenesis, actin dynamics, cell cycle progression, cell motility, and angiogenesis. The PAK family of kinases is affected in several brain diseases, including neurofibromatosis model of autism, Alzheimer’s disease, Fragile X syndrome, and schizophrenia1. Recent studies using electrophysiological recordings of hippocampal CA1 synaptic currents suggest that PAK1 plays a role in inhibitory synaptic transmission, where knocking out PAK1 affects the excitatory/inhibitory balance in the hippocampus, and may lead to dysregulation of synaptic strength.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- PAK1 is a 545 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~61 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitously expressed in all tissues
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, plasma membrane, and nucleus
- PAK1 plays an important role in regulating cytoskeletal dynamics, spine morphology, and synaptic plasticity.
- PAK1 forms homodimers, and interacts with: NISCH, DVL1, MUSK, CDC2L1, CDC2L2, p110C, CDC42/P21, RAC1, DSCAM, PDPK1, RAF1, NCK1, and NCK2.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Cell Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins, Enzymes and Regulators, GPCR, Microtubules, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Xia S, et al. 2018. Small GTPases. 9(4):322
- Kreis P, et al. 2009. Cell Signal. 21(3):384
- Nikolic M. 2008. Mol Neurobiol. 37(2-3): 187
- Salminen A, et al. 2008. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 371(4):587
- Gene ID
- 5058 View all products for this Gene ID 18479 View all products for this Gene ID 29431 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PAK1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.