- DO-7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor protein p53 (TP53)
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
p53 is a 53 kD protein that forms tetramers and functions as a tumor suppressor and transcriptional activator of genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion, cell cycle checkpoint after irradiation, DNA repair, apoptotic induction, signal transduction, and cell adhesion. This protein is localized to the nucleus when activated and can be upregulated by genotoxic or other cellular stresses. p53 is modified by phosphorylation, acetylation, ribosylation, ubiquitination, and sumoylation; ubiquination targets p53 for degradation via mdm2. This protein interacts with a variety of proteins including mdm2, mdmx, topoisomerase I, PML3, Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Chk1, JNK, p38, HIPK2, CK2, DNA-PK, p300/CBP, PCAF, PARP1, and HDAC1-3. Mutant p53 associates with p63 and p73.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- p53 N-terminal linear epitope aa 20-25
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- This antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ChIP - Verified
ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 0.5 - 1.0 µg per mL antibody for each mini-gel. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 μg/mL (Dilution 1:100 - 1:250) is recommended. The recommended starting antibody to chromatin ratio is 1 µg of antibody and 5 µg of chromatin per IP. Optimal antibody to chromatin ratio should be determined by the end user. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Vojtesek B, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. Methods 151:237.
- Stephen CW, et al. 1995. J. Mol. Biol. 248:58.
AB_2206461 (BioLegend Cat. No. 645801)
AB_2206460 (BioLegend Cat. No. 645802)
- Tetramer; 53 kD
Nuclear when activated
- Tumor suppressor, transcription factor regulates cell cycle checkpoint, apoptosis, DNA integrity
- mdm2, mdmx, TopoI, PML3, Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Chk1, JNK, p38, HIPK2, CK2, DNA-PK, p300/CBP, PCAF, PARP1, HDAC1-3; mutant p53 associates with p63, p73
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, DNA Repair/Replication, Stem Cells
- Gene ID
- 7157 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p53 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.