- 12H6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cadherin 3, CDH3, Placental Cadherin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
P-cadherin, or placental-cadherin, belongs to one of the three subclasses in the cadherin family. Cadherins are Ca2+ dependent adherent proteins involved in intercellular cell adhesions. P-cadherin contains a cytoplasmic carboxy-terminal domain, a transmembrane domain, and a extracellular N-terminal domain. P-cadherin was first identified in mouse placental tissue. However, in humans, the distribution of P-cadherin is restricted to the basal or lower layers of the stratified epithelia in the epithelial layer, and is not found in human placental tissue. In humans, the loss of functional P-cadherin can induce characteristic genetic syndromes such as hypotrichosis with juvenile muscular dystrophy (HJMD) and ectodermal dysplasia, ectrodactyly, and muscular dystrophy (EEM syndrome). In breast cancer,
an overexpression of P-cadherin is often found in high histological grade tumors. In an in vitro study, the overexpression of P-cadherin in breast cancer cells in the presence of wild type E-cadherin , promoted cell invasiveness, motility, and migration.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full-length Human P-cadherin peptide.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using 4% PFA-fixed A-431 cells permeabilized with either methanol or Triton X-100. Neither method was compatible with P-Cadherin staining. This clone was also tested using methanol fixation on A-431 and HaCaT cells. Neither cell line was compatible with P-Cadherin staining.
AB_2894538 (BioLegend Cat. No. 948401)
AB_2894538 (BioLegend Cat. No. 948402)
- P-Cadherin is a 829 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 91 kD.
Adhesion protein/Plasma membrane
- Intercellular cell adhesion
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure
- Antigen References
- Ribeiro A. et al. 2010. Oncogene. 29:392-402.
- Shimoyama Y. and Hirohashi S. 1991. Cancer Research. 51:2185-2192.
- Sun L. et al. 2011. American Journal of Pathology. 179:380-390.
- Vieira A. & Paredes J. 2015. Molecular Cancer. 14:178.
- Gene ID
- 1001 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about P-Cadherin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.