- Poly6226 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- NFκB p65, nuclear factor kappa light chain enhancer in B cells p65
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|622601||50 µl (5 Western blots)||£68|
|622602||200 µl (20 Western blots)||£171|
NF-κB/p65 (nuclear factor kappa light chain enhancer in B cells p65) is a member of the Rel/dorsal family. This ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein is one subunit of the NF-kappa B complex consisting of a 65 kD transactivating subunit and a 50 kD DNA binding subunit. Both subunits are derived from larger precursor proteins. NF-κB acts as a transcriptional activator and was originally identified as an activator of kappa light chain in B cells. NF-κB/p65 is bound (with p50) to IκB inhibitor in cytoplasm in inactive form. Phosphorylation of IκB releases and NF-κB which goes to the nucleus to activate gene expression. NF-κB can be activated with LPS, TNF-α, phorbol ester, or IL-1. The Poly6226 antibody reacts with the C-terminal region of human, mouse, and rat NF-κB p65 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- peptide-KLH, C-terminal
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.1% sodium azide and 0.2% gelatin.
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, IHC, IF - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 µg per ml. For immunofluorescence microscopy, the suggested use of the reagent is a dilution range of 1:100~1:400. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_315955 (BioLegend Cat. No. 622601)
AB_315956 (BioLegend Cat. No. 622602)
- Member of the Rel/dorsal family. One subunit of the NF-kappa B complex consisting of a 65 kD transactivating subunit and a 50 kD DNA binding subunit. Both subunits derived from larger precursor proteins
Ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein
- Transcriptional activator, originally identified as an activator of kappa light chain in B cells
- Interacts with NF-κB p50 and IκB
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Baldwin AS, et al. 1996. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 14:649 (review).
2. Chen F, et al. 1999. Clin. Chem. 45:7 (review).
- Bound (with p50) to IkB inhibitor in cytoplasm in inactive form. Phosphorylation of IkB releases and NF-kB goes to the nucleus to activate gene expression. Stimulation with LPS, TNF-α, phorbol ester, or IL-1 activates
- Gene ID
- 4790 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NF-kappaB p65 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.