- N185/7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Sodium leak channel non-selective protein, Four domain-type voltage-gated ion channel alpha-1 subunit, Voltage-gated channel-like protein 1, Vgcnl1, Nca and Cankon
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
NALCN is a voltage independent and non-selective ion channel highly expressed in the central nervous system, and permeable to Na+, K+, and Ca2+. Knockout of mouse NALCN gene results in neonatal lethality within 24 hours of post birth due to defects in respiratory rhythm. In hippocampal neurons, the activation of NALCN is regulated by neuropeptides such as neurotensin and Substance P (SP). The binding of SP to its receptor, Substance P receptor (SPR), activates the Src family of tyrosine kinases (SFK) and promotes its binding to mUNC80, a scaffold protein that recruits SFK to NALCN.
NALCN is also expressed in pancreatic islet cells where its function is regulated by the acetylcholine and M3 muscarinic receptor (M3R).
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 1659-1738 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of rat NALCN
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2783469 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857201)
AB_2783470 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857202)
- Rodent NALCN is a 1,738 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 200 kD.
Tissue distribution: Brain, spinal cord, heart, pituitary and adrenal glands, and pancreatic islet cells.
Cellular distribution: Plasma membrane.
- NALCN participates in facilitating intracellular transport of sodium, modulation of neuronal excitability, and maintenance of respiratory rhythm.
- Substance P (SP), Substance P receptor (SPR), Src family of tyrosine kinases (SFK), mUNC80, M3 muscarinic receptor (M3R)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
- Lu B, et al. 2007. Cell. 129(2):371-83.
- Lu B, et al. 2010. Neuron. 68(3):488-99.
- Swayne LA, et al. 2009. EMBO Rep. 10: 873–880.
- Gene ID
- 338370 View all products for this Gene ID 266760 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NALCN on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.