- 3F8-E6-B9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- RNA-binding protein Musashi homolog 1, Musashi-1, MSI1, Musashi RNA Binding Protein 1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Musashi-1 (MSI1) is an evolutionarily conserved RNA-binding protein with essential role in stem cell maintenance, nervous system development, and tumorigenesis. It was first identified in Drosophila as a protein required for the development of adult external sensory organs (sensilla) and neuronal potential in asymmetric cell division. In mammalian nervous systems, MSI1 is one of the key oncogenic factors for glioblastomas and medulloblastomas. The expression of MSI1 is associated with Notch signaling. The high expression of MSI1 is a marker of poor prognosis in medulloblastoma. Genomic analysis indicates that MSI1 functions as a master regulator of genes during development and tumor formation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Musashi-1 recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human MSI1 is a 362 amino acid protein with a predicted and observed molecular mass of 39 kD.
Tissue distribution: Central nervous system, fetal kidney, liver, lung, and pancreas
Cellular distribution: Nucleus and cytoplasm
- MSI1 is an RNA binding protein that regulates the expression of target mRNAs at the translation level.
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Okabe M, et al. 2001. Nature. 411:94-8.
- de Sousa Abreu R. et al. 2009. J Biol Chem. 284(18):12125-35.
- Vo DT. et al. 2012. Am J Pathol. 181(5):1762-72.
- Sengupta U. et al. 2018. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 6(1):113.
- Gene ID
- 4440 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Musashi-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.