- TN3-19.12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF-2
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells (principally CD4+), and NK-cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric mouse TNF-α is 156 amino acid protein (N-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17.5 kD protein. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biologic activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorraghic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils. The TN3-19.12 antibody reacts with mouse, rat, and rabbit tumor-necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) proteins. The TN3-19.12 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TNF-α.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Cross-Reactivity: Rabbit (Lapine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse TNF-α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse TNF-α recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate or serial dilutions of rat TNF-α recombinant protein ranging from 2500 to 20 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified TN3-19.12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated Poly5160 antibody (Cat. No. 516003) as the detecting antibody for detecting mouse/rat TNF-a. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Clone TN3-19.12 has been shown to neutralize murine TNF-a and cross reacts wtih mouse TFN-ß1. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Aside free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization (Cat. Nos. 506109 - 506114).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sheehan, K., et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:3884. (Neut)
- Merrick, B.A., et al. 1992. Appl. Theor. Electrophor 2:177.
- Takahashi, S., et al. 1995. Brain Res 690:241.
- Rabinovich, R., et al. 1993. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 267:1550.
- Molloy, R., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2142.
- Finkelman, F., et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28.
- Simkins, HM., et al. 2011. J. Leukoc Biol. 89:753. PubMed.
- Faas MM, et al. 2003. J. Reprod. Immunol. 1:39-52.
- Product Citations
AB_315415 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506101)
AB_315416 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506102)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 18-150 kD (Mammalian)
- Paracrine/endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions; selectively cytotoxic for transformed cells; endothelial cell alterations; chemoattractant
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler, B., et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler, B., et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey, K., et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, PAF antagonists,
- Gene ID
- 21926 View all products for this Gene ID 24835 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.