- HMα5-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- α5 integrin, VLA-5 α chain, Integrin α5 chain, ITGA5
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD49e is a 135 kD protein, also known as α5 integrin or VLA-5 α chain. It is a member of the integrin family, expressed on thymocytes, pro-B cells, activated T cells, and mast cells. CD49e associates with CD29 (integrin β1 chain) to form the fibronectin receptor (VLA-5). CD49e plays a critical role in both adhesion and T cell costimulation. The primary ligand for CD49e/CD29 (VLA-5) is fibronectin. The HMα5-1 antibody has been shown to partially block CD49e mediated interactions. It has also been observed that plate-bound HMα5-1 antibody enhances IgE mediated degranulation and that in vivo injection of HMα5-1 antibody, in combination with anti-CD49d and anti-CD61 antibodies, blocks passive cutaneous anaphylaxis.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Affinity-Purified mouse VLA-5 protein (α5β1, CD49e/CD29)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, in vivo inhibition of fibronectin receptor (VLA-5) functions and in vitro blocking of CD49e mediated interactions 1,2. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103909 & 103910).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yasuda M, et al. 1995. Int. Immunol. 7:251. (IP Block)
- Noto K, et al. 1995. Int. Immunol. 7:835. (Block)
- Lin JS, et al. 2010. J. Leukoc. Biol. 88:95. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313059 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103902)
- Integrin family, associates with integrin β1, 135 kD
Activated T cells, mast cells
- Adhesion, costimulation
- Cell Type
- Mast cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kinashi T, et al. 1994 Blood Cells 20:25.
3. Hemler ME. 1990. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 8:365.
- Gene ID
- 16402 View all products for this Gene ID 315346 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49e on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.