- TRFK5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T-cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. Monomeric human IL-5 is a 126 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 26 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors, stimulate the activation and differentiation of eosinophils, and promote the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes. Mouse IL-5 induces the differentiation and proliferation of pre-activated B-cells and stimulates the production and secretion of IgM and IgA by B-cells stimulated with bacterial endotoxin. The TRFK5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Mouse, Human, Cross-Reactivity: Guinea Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially-purified T cell clone supernatant
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. The product is formulated to simplify the antibody preparation when performing the labeling protocol. As a result, it is possible to proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
ELISA1,3,4 or ELISPOT2,6 Capture: The purified TRFK5 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated TRFK4 antibody (Cat. No. 504402) as the detection antibody for mouse IL-5, or used in conjunction with biotinylated JES1-5A10 antibody (Cat. No. 501002) as the detection antibody for human IL-5. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled TRFK51 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-5-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1,9: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-5 bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 504313-504318).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections8 and paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections7, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-5 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430401 and 430404) are specially developed and recommended. For testing mouse IL-5 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA MAX™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 431201 and 431206) are specially developed and recommended.
- Additional Product Notes
- Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Fluidigm Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Klinman, D., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.
- Swain, S., et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:3796.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Assenmacher, M., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1097.
- Karulin, A., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Fan, W. Y., et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045.
- Sitkauskiene, B., et al. 2005. Respir Res. 6:33.
AB_2562844 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504309)
- Cytokine; dimer; 40-50 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of B cells, eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, eosinophils
- Cell Targets
- Eosinophils, B cells
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Takatsu, K., et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu, K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu, K. 1991. Microbiol. Immunol. 35:593.
- Gene ID
- 16191 View all products for this Gene ID 3567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
|APC anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ICFC|
|PE anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, IHC, WB|
|Purified anti-mouse/human IL-5 (Maxpar® Ready)||TRFK5||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC, WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.