- N2B2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TNFSF10, TNF-related apoptosis inducing ligand, Apo-2 ligand, Apo-2L, CD253
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD253 is a 40 kD TNF superfamily member known as TRAIL, Apo-2 ligand, and Apo-2L. TRAIL is expressed on a variety of cells, including IL-2 and IL-15 activated NK cells and activated T cells. However, it is undetectable on resting T and B cells. TRAIL has been reported to induce apoptosis in tumor and transformed cell lines by a caspase-dependent process. The N2B2 antibody has been reported to be useful for flow cytometric staining and blocking NK cell cytotoxicity in vitro.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse TRAIL-transfected 2PK-3 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of NK cell cytotoxicity1,2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 109308).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kayagaki N, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:1906. (Block)
- Sato K, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:4025. (Block)
- Joshi PS, et al. 2006. J. Leukocyte Biol. 80:1345.
- Herold S, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:3065. PubMed
- Iannello A, et al. 2009. J. Virol. 83:5999. PubMed
- Komatsu M, et al. 2003. Blood 101:3991. (Block)
- Taieb J, et al. 2006. Nature Med. 12:214. (Block)
- Gonzaga R, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:6235. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_345270 (BioLegend Cat. No. 109302)
- TNF ligand superfamily member, approximately 40 kD
Widespread, highest expression in spleen, lung, prostate; NK, monocytes, neutrophils, activated T cells
- Induces apoptosis in tumorigenic and transformed cell lines, involved in T cell mediated cytotoxicity
- TRAIL receptor DR5
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kayagaki N, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:1906.
2. Wiley SR, et al. 1995. Immunity. 3:673.
3. Wu GS, et al. 1999. Cancer Res. 59:2770.
4. Mariani SM, et al. 1998. Eur. J. Immunol. 28:973.
- Gene ID
- 22035 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD253 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.