- Poly28599 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MOG, Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein (MOG) is a membrane protein expressed on the oligodendrocyte cell surface and the outermost surface of myelin sheaths. It is a primary target antigen involved in immune-mediated demyelination. This protein may be involved in completion and maintenance of the myelin sheath and in cell-cell communication, and mediate homophilic cell-cell adhesion. Diseases associated with MOG include Narcolepsy 7 and Rubella. Among its related pathways are Neural Stem Cell Differentiation Pathways and Lineage-specific Markers. MOG may also act as a receptor for rubella virus during microbial infection.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant MOG expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810735 (BioLegend Cat. No. 859901)
- MOG is a 247 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~28 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain and spinal cord
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane
- MOG is involved in completion and maintenance of the myelin sheath and cell-cell communication.
- Myelin, Rubella virus
- Cell Type
- Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Immunology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Innate Immune Signaling
- Antigen References
- Reindl M, et al. 2017. Curr Opin Neurol. 30(3):295.
- Hennes EM, et al. 2018. Neuropediatrics. 49(1):3.
- Gene ID
- 4340 View all products for this Gene ID 17441 View all products for this Gene ID 24558 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MOG on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-MOG||Poly28599||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.