- Poly19053 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 14, CK-14, cytokeratin 14, keratin 14 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara, Koebner)
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Keratin 14 is a member of the keratin family, the most diverse group of intermediate filaments. This gene product, a type I keratin, is usually found as a heterotetramer with two keratin 5 molecules, a type II keratin. Together they form the cytoskeleton of epithelial cells. Mutations in the genes for these keratins are associated with epidermolysis bullosa simplex.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat; Cross Reactivity: Dog, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC, WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2 ug/ml (1:250-1:1000) is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml (1:250 - 1:1000) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2734678 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905303)
AB_2616896 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905304)
- Keratin 14 is a 472 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 52 kD.
Tissue distribution: skin.
Cellular distribution: extracellular, nucleus, cytoskeleton, and cytosol.
- Nonhelical tail domain is involved in promoting KRT5-KRT14 filaments to self-organize into large bundles, enhances the mechanical properties involved in resilience of keratin intermediate filaments in vitro.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 3861 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Keratin 14 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.