- W17160D (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon Regulatory Factor 8, Interferon Consensus Sequence Binding Protein 1, ICSBP, IRF-8, IMD32A, IMD32B
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interferon Regulatory Factor 8 (IRF8) is one of 9 members of the IRF transcription factor family that plays a critical role in the lineage commitment of myeloid cells. IRF8 has a DNA binding domain in its N-terminus region and an IRF association domain (IAD) in the C-terminus region. The IAD allows IRF8 to interact with other transcription factors and regulate gene expression. PU.1 is an IRF8 binding partner that forms a complex with IRF8 and mediates the differentiation of myeloid and lymphoid cells. The IRF8-PU.1 complex binds to a promoter-distal IRF8 binding site and induces the expression of KLF4, which drives the development of Ly6C+ monocytes. IRF8(-/-) mice are immunodeficient and highly susceptible to infections. They are also characterized by a Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)-like syndrome marked by an increased number of myeloid progenitor cells that can only commit toward the granulocyte but not toward the macrophage lineage.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant mouse IRF8 protein (amino acids 115-424)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Mouse IRF8 is a 424 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 48.2 kD.
Nucleus/Myeolid and lymphoid tissue
- Transcription factor
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Innate Immune Signaling
- Antigen References
- Kurotaki D, et al. 2018. Cell Reports. 22:2628.
- Tamura T, et al. 2005. Blood. 106:1938.
- Wang H, et al. 2009. Immunol. Res. 43(1-3):109.
- Gene ID
- 3394 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.