- O93C8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IMP2, Hepatocellular Carcinoma Autoantigen P62, VICKZ2, IGF-II mRNA binding protein, Insulin-like growth factor 2, P62
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IGF2BP2 belongs to the family of Insulin-like growth factor-II mRNA binding proteins (IMP1, IMP2, and IMP3). Members in this family contain four hnRNP K homology (KH) domains and two RNA recognition motifs (RRM) domains. They are involved in the RNA cytoplasmic localization, stability, and translation. Recent studies suggest that IGF2BP2 and IGF2BP1 bind to target mRNAs via all four KH domains. Studies showed that the expression of IGF2BP2 is associated with liposarcoma, liver cancer, and endometrial adenocarcinomas. Genome-wide association studies have also identified IGF2BP2 as one of the several factors for developing type 2 diabetes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length recombinant human IGF2BP2 protein (NP_006539) produced in HEK 293T cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1-10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2566241 (BioLegend Cat. No. 679602)
- Canonical sequence contains 599 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 66.1 kD. Five isoforms with a molecular weight ranging from 54.7 kD to 61.8 kD.
Nucleus, cytoplasm, and the cytoskeleton. It is expressed in oocytes, granulosa cells, Leydig cells, spermatogonia, but is expressed weaker in the lymph nodes, lungs, liver, kidney, heart muscles, spleen, and testis.
- IGF2BP2 binds to the 5' UTR of the insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) mRNA and regulates IGF2 translation. It also modulates the cytoplasmic trafficking, turnover, and translation of various target mRNAs.
- Interacts with HNRPD, IGF2BP1, IGF2BP3, ELAVL1, DHX9, and HNRNPU.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Wachter K, et al. 2013. Biol. Chem. 394:1077.
2. Zhao Y, et al. 2012. DNA Cell Biol. 31:713.
3. Bell JL, et al. 2013. Cell Mol. Life Sci. 15:2657.
4. Ng MC, et al. 2008. Diabetes 57:2226.
5. Scott LJ, et al. 2007. Science 316:1341.
6. Nielsen FC, et al. 2002. J. Cell Sci. 115:2087.
7. Nielsen J, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell Biol. 2:1262.
- Gene ID
- 10644 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IGF2BP2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.