- W17211A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- MKI67, Proliferation Marker Protein Ki-67, Antigen Ki67
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Antigen Ki-67 is a nuclear protein expressed as two isoforms with molecular weights of 395 and 345 kD. Both isoforms contain one forkhead-associated domain and 16 concatenated "Ki-67 repeats," each containing the epitope recognized by the mAb Ki-67. The antigen Ki-67 interacts with Hklp2, hNIFK, and chromobox protein homolog 1, 3, and 5. Ki-67 is required for cell proliferation and its expression is restricted to the phases G1, S, G2, and M of the cell cycle. This characteristic makes Ki-67 an excellent marker for proliferating cells and is commonly used as one of the prognostic factors in cancer studies. Ki-67 has also been used to study myocyte proliferation after myocardial infarction as well as lymphocyte proliferation during infection, and has been used in neurons of patients with different neuropathologies.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Ki-67 recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Two isoforms with molecular weights of 395 and 345 kD, one forkhead-associated domain, 16 concatenated Ki-67 repeats, located in nucleus
Expressed in the phases G1, S, G2, and M of the cell cycle
- Required for cell proliferation
- Chromobox protein homolog 1, 3 and 5, Hklp2, and hNIFK
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Byeon IJ, et al. 2005. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 12:987.
- Yerushalmi R, et al. 2010. Lancet. Oncol. 11:174.
- Drazen JM. et al. 2001. N. Engl. J. Med. 344:1750.
- Sachsenberg N, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 187:1295.
- Nagy Z, et al. 1997. Acta. Neuropathol. 93:294.
- Gene ID
- 4288 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ki-67 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.