- HLT2736 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- p19p40, JKA3 induced upon T cell activation
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The HLT2736 clone recognizes human IL-23, a heterodimeric cytokine composed of the p40 subunit shared with IL-12 and a specific p19 subunit. This antibody recognizes heterodimeric IL-23, but does not react with the p40 subunit alone or recombinant IL-12(p70) when used as a capture antibody in ELISA. IL-23 is secreted by activated dendritic cells and macrophages and has been shown to enhance IFN-γ secretion by memory (CD45RO) T cells in an IL-2 dependent manner. IL-23 may also induce unique Th subset (designated ThIL-17) that secretes the cytokines IL-17, IL-6, TNF and low levels of IFN-γ. IL-23 has been shown to promote immunity to mycobacteria and has been shown to be upregulated in response to some viral infections and in psoriatic lesions. IL-23 binds to the IL-23 receptor comprised of a β1 subunit shared with the IL-12 receptor and IL-23-specific subunit. This antibody has been shown to be useful for Western blotting and immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded tissues with (catalyzed signal amplification).Product Details
- Human, IL-23 p19.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human recombinant p40 and p19 with elastin linker
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting applications, a concentration range of 0.5 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The purified HLT2736 antibody has been shown to be useful for Western blotting and immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded tissues (with catalyzed signal amplification). This antibody weakly stains frozen sections. This clone does not cross-react with mouse.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_416323 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511201)
AB_416324 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511202)
- Member of the IL-12 cytokine family, heterodimeric cytokine composed of p40 subunit shared with IL-12 and a specific p19 subunit
Secreted by activated dendritic cells and macrophages
- Enhances IFN-γ secretion by memory (CD45RO) T cells in an IL-2 dependent manner; may induce unique Th subset (designated ThIL-17) secreting IL-17, IL-6, TNF and low levels of IFN-γ in EAE model; shown to promote immunity to mycobac
- IL-23 receptor (β1 subunit of IL-12 receptor and IL-23-specific subunit)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Parham C, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:5699.
2. Verreck FA, et al. 2004. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:4560.
3. Lee E, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:125.
4. Oppmann B, et al. 2000. Immunity 13:715.
- Upregulated in viral infections such as HSV, increased in psoriatic lesions in monocytes and mature dendritic cells
- Gene ID
- 51561 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-23 p19 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.