- 7B12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Rat IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Bioactive IL-12 is a potent regulator of cell-mediated immune responses and key mediator of Th1 cell development. Bioactive IL-12 is secreted by activated B lymphocytes, dendritic cells and macrophages as a 70 kD heterodimeric glycoprotein comprised of disulfide-bonded 35 kD and 40 kD subunits. The disulfide-linked p40 homodimer can bind to IL-12 receptors and antagonize the activities of bioactive IL-12. The 7B12 antibody reacts with human IL-12 p70 heterodimer, but shows no reactivity with IL-12 p35 or p40 monomer. The 7B12 has high affinity to human IL-12 p70 heterodimer.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, p70 heterodimer
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-12 p70 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT capture antibody, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT capture: The purified 7B12 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for an IL-12 p70 specific sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT, when used in conjunction with Biotin anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 antibody (Cat. No. 508802/508805) as the detection antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Note: For testing human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer) in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430701) are specially developed and recommended. For testing human IL-12 p70 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431701) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Shimomura Y, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:1343. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2304113 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511001)
AB_2211913 (BioLegend Cat. No. 511002)
- Cytokine; monomer, dimer (with p35 or p40)
- Induces IFN-γ, TNF-α production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- IL-12Rβ1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rβ2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem.. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol.. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol.. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol.. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 3592 View all products for this Gene ID 3593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p70 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human IL-12 (p70)||7B12||ELISA Capture|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-12 (p70)||7B12||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.