- C11.5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12 p40, Interleukin-23 p40, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The C11.5 antibody reacts with human IL-12 p40 subunit of the IL-12 p70 heterodimer and IL-23 p40 subunit of the IL-23 p19/p40, as well as p40 monomer and homodimer. The C11.5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-12 p70.Product Details
- Human, IL-12/IL-23 p40 subunit (monomer, homodimer and heterodimer IL-12 p35/p40 or IL-23 p19/p40)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO-expressed, recombinant human IL-12 p70 heterod
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
IHC-F, ICC, Block, Neut, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume.
The purified C11.5 has been tested by blocking fluorochrome conjugated C11.5 for intracellular cytokine staining. In order to obtain complete blocking results, a saturated amount of purified antibody (≤ 5.0 ug/million cells) should be used for incubation with target cells, prior to staining with fluorochrome conjugated antibody. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry3,5: The fluorochrome-labeled C11.5 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-12 p40 (monomeric, heterodimeric, homodimeric) -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization6: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 501813).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, ELISA Capture1,2, ICFC Blocking, immunohistochemical staining4 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated tissue frozen sections, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer) in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430701 to 430706) are specially developed and recommended. For testing human IL-12 p70 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431701 to 431706) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- D'Andrea A, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1387.
- D'Andrea A, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:1041.
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Leifeld L, et al. 2002. Hepatology 36:1001.
- Pekkari K, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3184.
- Bolovan-Fritts CA, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:13173.
- Product Citations
AB_315183 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501801)
AB_315184 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501802)
- Cytokine; monomer, heterodimer (p40:p35 or p40:p19) or homodimer (p40:p40)
- IL-12 p70 (p40:p35) induces IFN-?, TNF-a production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes. IL-23 (p40:p19) induces proliferation and production of IFN-? by human memory T cells, but not n
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- IL-12Rß1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rß2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 3593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p40 on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40||C11.5||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40||C11.5||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40||C11.5||ICFC|
|PE anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)||C11.5||ICFC|
|APC anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)||C11.5||ICFC|
|FITC anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)||C11.5||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)||C11.5||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40||C11.5||ICFC, IHC-F, ICC, Block, Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40
Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40
PE anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)
APC anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)
FITC anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-12/IL-23 p40