- 5B2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 5B2 monoclonal antibody reacts with the antigen epitopes shared by CD66a, b, c and e, which are members of the CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) family of the Ig superfamily. CD66 plays a role in hemophilic and heterophilic adhesion. CD66a, also known as CEACAM1 and BGP (biliary glycoprotein), is mainly expressed on granulocytes, binds to CD66a, c, e, and CD62E. CD66c (known as CEACAM6, NCA) is expressed on granulocytes and epithelial cells. The ligands of CD66c are CD66a-e, CD62E and Galectins. CD66d is a major granulocyte receptor mediating recognition and efficient opsonin-independent phagocytosis of CEACAM-binding microorganisms, including Neisseria, Moraxella and Haemophilus species, thus playing an important role in the clearance of pathogens by the innate immune system. CD66e molecule is also called CEA or CEACAM5, and is primarily found on epithelial cells. CD66e binds to CD66a, c and e.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Ig superfamily, CEA antigen group, GPI-linked glycoprotein
Granulocytes, epithelial cells
- Homophilic and heterophilic adhesion
- CD66a-e, CD62E, galectins
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Granulocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers. Wiley-Liss. A John Wiley & Sons Inc. Publication
- Chen T, et al. 2001. J Biol Chem. 276:17413.
- Wang Z, et al. 2016. Mol Clin Oncol. 5:731.
- Swords DS, et al. 2016. Onco Targets Ther. 9:7459
- Gene ID
- 1088 View all products for this Gene ID 634 View all products for this Gene ID 4680 View all products for this Gene ID 1048 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD66a/b/c/e on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.