- HIP1 (See other available formats)
- IV P70
- Other Names
- Glycocalicin, gpIbα
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD42b is a 145 kD glycoprotein known as gpIbα. It is covalently bonded to CD42c to form GPIb. CD42b is expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes. CD42b/c heterodimer forms a complex with CD42a and d and acts as the receptor for von Willibrand factor and thrombin.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC-F, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone HIP1 recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal region of the GPIba chain5. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, Westerm blotting, and inhibition of platelet aggregation2. The Ultra LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 303939).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_314382 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303902)
- Mucin, leucine-rich repeat family, 145 kD
- Complex with CD42a, c and d, platelet adhesion and activation
- Von Willebrand factor, thrombin
- Cell Type
- Megakaryocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Clemetson K, et al. 1982. J. Clin. Invest. 70:304.
2. Fox J, et al. 1988. J. Biol. Chem. 263:4882.
3. Kuijpers R, et al. 1992 Blood 79:283.
- Gene ID
- 2812 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD42b on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.