- A17082A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- β2M, β2-M, beta2-microglobulin b2-M, b2M
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
β2-microglobulin (β2M) is a 12 kD nonpolymorphic Ig like protein. It is a non-membrane-anchored glycoprotein and is noncovalently associated with 39-44 kD polymorphic heavy chains of MHC class I molecules to form HLA class I antigen complex. In association with HLA class I, β2M is expressed on all leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, and epithelial cells. β2M plays an essential role both in governing MHC class I molecules stability and in promoting antigen binding and presenting the antigen to CD3/TCR complex of CD8+ T cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Beta2-microglobulin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone A17082A partially cross-blocks anti-human β2-microglobulin clone 2M2 and does not block anti-human HLA-A,B,C clone W6/32 staining, based on in-house testing.
AB_2783318 (BioLegend Cat. No. 395702)
- 12 KD, Ig like structure
Leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and other nucleated cells.
- Form MHC class I
- MHC class I heavy chain and other MHC I like molecules.
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
- Engelhard VH. 1994. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 6:13.
- Williams DB, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:2796.
- Danliczyk UG and TL. Delovitch. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3533.
- Williams A, et al. 2002. Tissue Antigens. 59:3.
- Gene ID
- 567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about β2-microglobulin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.