- BL28582 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Heat shock protein beta-6, Heat shock 20 kDa-like protein p20, Heat Shock 20 KDa-Like Protein P20, Hsp20
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Heat shock protein B6 (HSPB6), or Hsp20, is a member of the conserved small heat shock protein family, which have important functions in protein folding and aggregation. HSPB6 is ubiquitously expressed, and is particularly enriched in skeletal, cardiac, smooth muscle tissue, and central nervous system. Like many other small heat shock proteins, HSPB6 functions as a molecular chaperone and its expression is up-regulated upon cellular stress conditions to protect cells and tissue from damage. HSPB6 is an important mediator in cardio protective signaling and functions in a BCL-2-associated anthanogene 3 (BAG3)-dependent manner. In multiple sclerosis (MS), HSPB6 level is markedly increased in astrocytes.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human HSPB6 is a 117 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 17 kD and observed molecular mass of 20 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitously expressed.
Cellular distribution: Nucleus, secreted, and cytosol.
- HSPB6 is a molecular chaperone that maintains denatured proteins in a folding-competent state.
HSPB6 interacts with other sHSPs, BAG3, YWHAZ, PDE4A, and PDE4D.
Cellular targets: denatured proteins
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cardiovascular Biology, Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Heat Shock Proteins
- Antigen References
- Li F, et al. 2017. Cell Physiol Biochem. 44(1):314-332.
- Fang X, et al. 2019. JCI Insight. 4(4). pii: 126464.
- Peferoen LA, et al. 2015. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 3:87.
- Gene ID
- 126393 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HSPB6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.