- BL28555 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HSPB1, Heat shock protein beta-1, HSP27, HSP28
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
HSPB1, also known as HSP27, is a chaperone protein that is ubiquitously expressed in all cell types. It was discovered as a protein that supports cell survival under heat or stress conditions by inhibiting protein aggregation and stabilizing partially denatured proteins. HSPB1 is implicated in tumor cell proliferation as elevated levels of this protein have been observed in tumor cells resistant to therapy. Upregulation of HSPB1relieves the effects of neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, indicating its therapeutic value in these conditions.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.01 M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is specific to human HSPB1. It does not cross react with murine HSBP1.
- HSPB1 is a 205 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~ 23 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed.
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, extracellular, nucleus, cytoskeleton, and plasma membrane.
- HSPB1 is a chaperone protein that inhibits protein aggregation and stabilizes partially denatured proteins.
- HSPB1 forms homo dimer and homooligomer, and also interact with HSPB6, HSPB8, HSPBAP1, alpha- and beta- tubulin, TGFB1I1, and CRYAB.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Synaptic Biology
- Antigen References
- Arrigo AP. 2017. Cell Stress Chaperones. 22(4):517
- Batulan Z, et al. 2016. Front Immunol. 7:285
- Li X, et al. 2016. Tumour Biol. 37(5):5743
- Gene ID
- 3315 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HSPB1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.