- 5F3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- 17b-HSD10, ABAD, CAMR, DUPXp11.22, HADH2, HCD2, MHBD, MRPP2, MRX17, MRX31, MRXS10, SCHAD, SDR5C1, HSD17B10, HSD-10, ABAD, 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type-2, AB-binding alcohol dehydrogenase, mitochondrial ribonuclease P protein 2, 3-hydroxy-2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase, short chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2, amyloid-beta peptide binding alcohol dehydrogen
Signet Catalog# 9770-02
Signet Catalog# 9770-05
Signet Catalog# 9770-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39770
- Mouse IgG1, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The clone 5F3 recognizes the endogenous HSD17B10 protein in extracts from cells with virtually no cross-reactivity to other human proteins in immunoblots and ELISA assays. HSD17B10 is an intracellular 27kD polypeptide which appears to be up regulated in the brains of Alzheimer’s disease patients and has been associated with amyloid beta neurotoxicity. Cross-reactivity to mouse or other species has not been tested.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against recombinant, full-length human HSD17B10 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution; no preservatives or carrier proteins.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 5F3 recognizes the recombinant human HSD17B10 protein (27kD) and is an excellent mitochondrial marker.
Please note that the name of this product has changed from Purified anti-ERAB Antibody to Purified anti-HSD17B10 Antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- He XY, et al. 2000. Biochim BioPhys Acta. 1484 (2-3):267-77.
- Yan SD, et al. 1999. J Biol Chem. 274(4):2145-56.
- Oppermann UC, et al. 1999. FEBS Lett. 451(3):238-42.
- Sambamurti K & Lahiri DK. 1998. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 249(2):546-9.
- Yan SD, et al. 1997. Nature. 389(6652):689-95.
- Furuta S, et al. 1997. Biochim BioPhys Acta. 1350(3):317-24.
AB_2783409 (BioLegend Cat. No. 834405)
AB_2783408 (BioLegend Cat. No. 834404)
AB_2564990 (BioLegend Cat. No. 834402)
- Can I an isotype control with a lambda light chain be substituted with an isotype control with a kappa light chain for flow cytometry?
Yes, you can since kappa and lambda represent light chains which don't contribute to the background staining.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.